General terms and conditions
1. The rates presented are subject to change at any time.
2. For classes of 4 people or more, the payments for the classes will be calculated based on the number of students that make up the group at the beginning of the classes. In case of any change (addition or reduction) of this number, the cost of the classes will be adjusted among the people who will continue taking classes.
3. Classes are paid in advance, before the 30th of the previous month.
4. If a student does not respect the payment term for the classes indicated above, tierra de lenguas may deny the student access to the classes or suspend them until said payment has been received.
5. tierra de lenguas is committed to the fact that language classes will be provided exclusively by native or almost bilingual teachers.
6. In case that the teacher has to be absent for a period of more than 2 consecutive classes, tierra de lenguas proposes a substitute teacher for as long as necessary.
7. The student is responsible for assuming the costs of the didactic material that tierra de lenguas will indicate.
8. All services that had been paid and executed effectively by tierra de lenguas, are not refundable. There are no refunds once classes or courses have started. The student can consume his balance by taking classes.
9. If the teacher does not show up for his class after the 15-minute academic quarter has passed, the student may consider the class canceled without having to meet the teacher or take this session. The class will not be charged and will remain in the system as a class in students favor.
10. If the teacher, for some personal or unforeseen reason, cancels a class, the class will be considered canceled and it will not be charged or billed.
The teacher will not have the possibility to reschedule the class. However, in order not to affect the learning of it, the student may ask his teacher to replace the class in question, from the moment he agrees with his teacher, the replacement of the class will be considered.
If the class is rescheduled, it will be billed as a normal class. However, it is not, in any case, an obligation for the student to replace the said class, and if it cannot be rescheduled, the class would be canceled without being billed.
11. Every month, from the moment you notify until 5:00 pm of the previous day, the student will have the possibility of rescheduling and canceling a defined number of classes.
The said number will be determined based on the number of classes to be taught per week, as presented in the following table:
|Number of classes taught per week||Maximum number of classes that you have the right to reschedule and/or cancel per month|
The student has to commit to a certain minimum of classes taken per month.
|Number of classes taught per week||Number of classes the student has to commit to|
a) Said cancellations will not be charged to the student, as long as the cancellation notice is made at the latest until 5:00 pm the day before and the number of cancellations to which they are entitled has not been exhausted.
b) If the student has exhausted his number of cancellations to which he is entitled per month, each other class to be canceled will be billed.
12. In the event that it is canceled before 5:00 pm the day before, tierra de lenguas and the student will have the possibility to replace the said class on another date and/or time.
However, any class canceled in this way will have to be rescheduled before the 5th of the following month. All class replacements must be before the 5th of the following month.
In case a change of date or time is required, the parties will endeavor to reach an agreement for its replacement, in accordance with the terms indicated above.
However, a change of date or time is not, in any case, an obligation for tierra de lenguas, and if it cannot be rescheduled, the class will be canceled, and the directions indicated above will apply.
13. If the student cancels a class after 5:00 pm, the class will be canceled and the student will be charged and billed, with no possibility of rescheduling or refunding.
In no case it's an obligation for the teacher, but in the mentioned case, the teacher may take the decision to reschedule the said class on another date and/or time, in the event he agrees with the student. Any class canceled in this way will have the possibility of being rescheduled before the 5th of the following month.
14. If the student still does not show up for class after more than half of the class time has passed without notifying the teacher about the delay, the class will be considered short-term canceled and the student will be charged and billed, with no possibility of rescheduling or refunding.
a) After spending a period of more than 14 calendar days without taking classes and/or after a reactivation of the account in the system, a re-enrolment fee of MXN $500 will be charged to cover administrative expenses.
b) After spending a period of more than 28 calendar days without taking classes and/or after a reactivation of the account in the system, a re-enrolment fee of MXN $750 will be charged to cover administrative expenses.
16. Holidays and temporary suspensions of more than 14 days:
The student will have to notify tierra de lenguas 7 calendar days in advance and by email if he intends to suspend his classes for more than 14 calendar days. Only emails will be accepted to validate the temporary suspension/holidays.
If the student deposits the next full monthly payment before he begins the suspension, thus showing his commitment to continue with the training, the re-registration will not be charged.
17. In the case of a definitive suspension of a class:
The student will have to notify tierra de lenguas one month (thirty calendar days) in advance, by email. Only emails will be accepted to validate the suspension of classes, and must contain:
- Student's name,
- Reason for the suspension of classes,
- Starting date of the suspension of classes,
The date of receipt of the said email will be taken as a reference.
If the student respects the time limit and notification conditions, the classes will continue as usual until the suspension date of the classes, mentioned in the email that tierra de lenguas received.
If the student respects the time limit but does not respect the notification conditions mentioned above, the notification will not be valid until they comply with them.
If the student does not respect the notification period mentioned above, the student will have to pay the equivalent of one month (thirty calendar days) of classes from the date of the notification on. In this case, the cancellation rule will be applied until 5:00 pm the previous day, and the classes that the student would have the right to cancel within a month will be discounted.
18. In the event of a change of teacher, tierra de lenguas will notify the student in advance through the online system.
In case the change of teacher cannot be anticipated, that means in the case that a teacher resigns or is ill for an indefinite period of time; tierra de lenguas engages to find a replacement within 2 weeks, from the date on tierra de lenguas has been notified.
19. For enrollment in open groups tierra de lenguas will charge a one-time fee to cover administrative costs. If the course takes place, the money will be paid for the classes. The amount will not be refunded, if the course does not take place; however, it may be considered for another enrollment.